At Girls on the Run-Chicago we believe all girls intrinsically possess a superpower and we give them the tools to discover and own these qualities so they can reveal themselves to the world as superheroes! Any quality can be a superpower, and our lessons focus on the 5Cs:
- Confidence—Lessons are designed to build girls' self-worth and help them feel greater confidence in who they are.
- Caring—Girls learn to respond to others and themselves with care and compassion.
- Character—By gaining awareness of the power they possess to make intentional decisions, girls learn to choose positive actions which demonstrate respect and responsibility towards themselves and others.
- Competence—Our programs give girls the tools they need to navigate adolescence.
- Contribution—Girls on the Run inspires girls to build lives of purpose and to make a meaningful contribution to community and society.
Each year, we support more than 4,000 girls as they uncover their inner superpowers, with a focus on working in under-resourced communities across Chicagoland. To provide free programming to girls in these communities, we’re rallying community support on the International Day of the Girl on October 11.
We hope to celebrate this day by raising $20,000, which will be matched dollar for dollar by the Elliott Family (up to $10,000), to provide 67 program scholarships to girls living in under-resourced communities.
Donate today to support tomorrow’s superheroes!