The GOTR Chicago Website does not knowingly solicit any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. In addition, the GOTR Chicago Website does not knowingly obtain, retain or use information from anyone who indicates that they are under the age of 13. Accordingly, children under the age of 13 may be restricted from participating in certain features and transactions on the GOTR Chicago Website (including, without limitation, active.com). If you would like more information about the GOTR Chicago Website policy with respect to children, please read our Note to Parents below.
If we make any material changes to this Policy, those changes will be posted here so that you are always aware of what personal information is collected, how that information is used, and under what circumstances that information may be disclosed. Since this Policy may change from time to time, you should review it periodically and specifically before you provide any additional personally identifiable information. Your continued use of the GOTR Chicago Website following the posting of changes to this Policy will signal your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions, comments, or requests regarding this Policy or the information practices of the GOTR Chicago Website, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or write to us at 1643 N. Milwaukee, 2nd floor, Chicago, IL 60647 Attn: Executive Director.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The organizations collecting the information
- What personally identifiable information is collected
- How personally identifiable and other information is used
- With whom the information may be shared
- Special policies applicable to the Third Party Sections
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
- Choice of Law
- Your California Privacy Rights
1. The organizations collecting the information The GOTR Chicago Website is developed and operated by Girls on the Run-Chicago.
2. What personally identifiable information is collected As stated above, the GOTR Chicago Website does not knowingly solicit any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Please review our Note to Parents, if you have any questions regarding our Policy with respect to children.
With respect to persons age 13 or older, the GOTR Chicago Website collects personally identifiable information required to participate in certain GOTR Chicago Website features and transactions. This information may vary but will typically include your first and last name; address including city, state, zip code and country; complete date of birth; and e-mail address. In case you are making purchases online, a credit card number (including CID number) and expiration date may be required as well as shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item and other transactional information based on your purchase activities on the GOTR Chicago Website. You may also be requested to provide a unique member name and password to access and use certain features of the site.
In addition, the GOTR Chicago Website may solicit from time to time your opinion to determine your preferences and dislikes in order to provide you with a better product or offering. These surveys are always optional, and your decision not to participate in a survey will not affect your status as a GOTR Chicago Website user.
The GOTR Chicago Website also may collect non-personally identifiable information, including traffic statistics regarding page views; other technical information, including IP address and standard web log information; and supplemental information from third parties. The GOTR Chicago Website also uses web beacons and other similar technology to track certain general usage pattern information, such as the web pages people visit within the GOTR Chicago Website. The GOTR Chicago Website also may log users' Internet Protocol (IP) addresses (the group of four numbers separated by periods, such as 188.8.131.52, that identifies a particular host computer) for the purposes of system administration, providing certain site functionality and content, site tracking and collecting and reporting aggregate usage information. We may combine this and other non-personally identifiable information with the personally identifiable information that we have collected.
4. With whom the information may be shared As indicated above, the GOTR Chicago Website may disclose persofanally identifiable information to those within GOTR Chicago. From time to time, the GOTR Chicago Website may share personally identifiable information with third parties we have engaged to perform certain services in connection with the operation of certain aspects of the GOTR Chicago Website, including to customize, measure, and improve our services, content, and layout. Except with respect to the Third Party Sections, these third party service providers who have access to your personally identifiable information are authorized to use this information only in a manner consistent with this Policy.
5. Special policies applicable to the Third Party Sections The practices described in this section apply only to information gathered through the Third Party Sections (such as those indicated below) and do not reflect practices with respect to information gathered elsewhere on the GOTR Chicago Website.
6. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information, Opting-Out You are not required to receive any e-mail communications from the GOTR Chicago Website that you do not wish to receive. During the registration process, you may be asked to indicate whether you wish to receive newsletters, selected sponsor offers, discounts and other promotions by e-mail. You will receive such e-mails as a result of the preferences indicated in the registration process or subsequent changes made to your preferences. If, after you choose to receive such information, you wish to discontinue receiving these e-mails, you may change your preferences by indicating your preference by following the instructions that may be provided within the e-mails received. If a member name and password are required to access the feature, you will need to provide such information to update your registration preferences. If you have forgotten your password, you may obtain it by visiting the registration area and requesting that a hint or a newly assigned password be sent to you.
You also may request to be removed from our catalog and mailing list by writing to us at 1643 N. Milwaukee, 2nd floor, Chicago, IL 60647. Attn: Executive Director. To obtain information about having your name and home address removed from marketing mailing lists on a national basis, you may wish to contact the Direct Marketing Association at www.the-dma.org.
7. The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control The GOTR Chicago Website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under its control. The servers for the GOTR Chicago Website that contain personally identifiable information are stored in a physically secure and climate controlled off-site facility. Beyond the physical protection of the servers, we protect against data loss by backing up data, performing consistency checks, and restricting access to information on our servers. Other features, like email and contact us are not encrypted. When providing sensitive information on the Internet, you should also look at your browser to determine whether SSL technology is being employed (usually indicated by a image of a lock in the browser frame). In addition, only those trained employees needed to carry out our business functions will be authorized to have access to information on individual GOTR Chicago Website customers.
It is important to remember that whatever you transmit or disclose online can be collected and used by others or unlawfully intercepted by third parties. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Any information voluntarily disclosed by users and posted on our site (on message boards, web logs, and/or in chat areas) may be viewed and used by others. If users post personal information that is accessible to the public online, the user does so at his or her own risk. Users accept that they may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
8. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information To keep personally identifiable information that you provide via this site accurate, current and complete, please contact us as specified above and we will take appropriate steps to update or correct such information in our possession, or to remove you from our catalog and mailing list. You also will have the option to correct any inaccuracies in your site membership account or other registration by returning to the registration area and updating your profile and preferences or re-registering. If a member name and password are required to access the feature, you will need to provide such information to update your registration information. If you have forgotten your password, you may obtain it by visiting the registration area and requesting that a hint be sent to you at the e-mail address you originally provided during registration.
9. Choice of Law If any disputes arise between us regarding your use of the GOTR Chicago Website, such disputes shall be resolved according to the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to its choice-of-law provisions and the federal and state courts of New Jersey shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims.
10. Your California Privacy Rights California Law permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 1643 N. Milwaukee, 2nd floor, Chicago, IL 60647. Attn: Executive Director.
GOTR Chicago NOTE TO PARENTS
It is GOTR Chicago's policy not to knowingly solicit any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. A number of interactive features on the GOTR Chicago Website require registration to participate (e.g., e-mail newsletters, site registration). All registrants will be required to enter their full name, date of birth, complete address and e-mail address. In some cases, users will be required to select a special member name to be used as an identifier for the feature and must also enter a password and a secret hint that will help us verify their identity if they forget their password. If GOTR Chicago determines that a person is under the age of 13, based on the information provided during the registration process, that person will not be permitted to register for features requiring the submission of personal information. Instead, when a child under 13 years old tries to register for such features on the GOTR Chicago Website, he or she will be directed to content which does not involve the submission of personal information. Children who indicate that they are under 13 years old will not be able to make credit card purchases or participate in interactive features on the GOTRChicago Website that involve the collection and retention of personal information (e.g., entering a sweepstakes) and they will not be contacted about special offers or promotions. The GOTRChicago Website works with (and may provide links to) third party sites that offer features described on the GOTRChicago Website. Registration for these features is pursuant to the privacy policies of the third parties operating the web sites on which registration occurs. Such third party sites may permit children under the age of 13 to register for these features on their sites in accordance with the privacy policies posted on those sites. The operators of those third party sites are responsible for ensuring that their sites comply with applicable laws, regulations, and rules. For more information, please review the privacy policies of each respective third party site.